GAF AG is a global company with leading expertise in the development of geo-information products and services. Since its founding in 1985, the company has developed a broad geoscience portfolio. With more than 200 highly qualified employees we offer geo-data, data processing, geographic information systems, database applications, software development, consulting and project management as well as development assistance.
Besides our home markets in Germany and Europe, GAF is internationally active - having an impressive track record of more than 1000 projects in 100 countries worldwide. GAF works for industry and private sector, for international institutions and development banks, national authorities and clients. GAF is headquartered in Munich, Germany with a branch in Neustrelitz (North of Berlin).
The Forest and Climate Change business unit provides Earth Observation based technology that solves complex problems in geospatial forest monitoring and climate change implementation services. In order to strengthen our team we are looking for a self-driven and highly motivated
Project Task Manger
About the Role
- The Project Task Manager will report to the Business Manager.
- The Project Task Manager will support the Business Manager in the implementation of technical projects/Programmes and/or projects funded by donors for developing countries.
- The Project Task Manager will manage Earth Observation product-oriented projects, related to REDD+,Sustainable Forest Management, Land Use and Natural Resources Management. Including planning, implementation and control of the project goals and delivering work packages.
- The Project Task Manager will translate client requirements into technical workflows and processes in close collaboration with the Technology Manager and manage technical Teams for implementation.
- The Project Task Manager will balance and prioritise resources to ensure scope, budget and time are controlled.
- The Project Task Manager will ensure compliance with quality guidelines, standards, processes.
- The Project Task Manager will be responsible for economical and technically adequate management of technical resources.
- The Project Task Manager will support the Business Manager in communicating with clients via training workshops, seminars, presentations, meetings and high-quality documentation.
- The Project Task Manager will support the Business Manager in business development activities including winning new client projects and proposal writing.
- The Project Task Manager will use scientific methods based on state-of-the-art EO technologies in Projects.
- The Project Task Manager will provide appropriate, relevant economic evaluation of information, data and algorithms.
- The Project Task Manager will support the Business Manager in researching and undertaking policy analysis on programmatic and international and national policy issues related to REDD+, Zero Deforestation, and Sustainable Forest Management (SFM).
- The Project Task Manager will support the Business Manager in business development activities by reviewing specific projects or investment opportunities within the Tropical Forest, REDD+ and Land Use Programmes, providing supporting in proposal writing and communication with consortium partners.
- The Project Task Manager will be based in Munich and is expected to conduct travel to national and international clients as required.
About your Programme Management Skills
- You will have knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
- You will be an experienced Task Manager having successfully delivered complex solutions in the tropical forest management domain.
- You will have demonstrated experience and achievements in organizational, financial and personnel management for large volume/complex projects.
- You will have managed teams and have an ability to proactively manage individual strengths and weaknesses (including one’s own) and understand how these influence the team’s performance.
About your Professional and Technical Skills
- You will have knowledge about the European Copernicus programme and experience in EO applications for forest monitoring and/or land use/environmental management.
- You will have an advanced university degree (Masters required or Ph.D preferred) in forestry and remote sensing, environmental science, natural resources management, or related discipline.
- You will have a minimum of 10 years of professional working experience relating to forest management and remote sensing, land use and natural resources management programme implementation including at least 5 years at the international level is required.
- You will demonstrate professional competence and mastery of subject matter in the area of EO applications for improved tropical forest management; REDD+ Reporting; SFM; UNFCCC and Paris Agreement as well as IPCC Guidelines.
- You will have excellent knowledge of GIS/remote sensing/image processing software, and cloud environments.
- You will also be highly experienced in standard business software such as MS Office.
- An additional benefit would be experience in providing consultancies/technical advice and/or conducting projects for/to Multi-Lateral/Development Banks, national donors, developing countries, international organisations such as UN, CIFOR etc. and with European client’s such as EU, ESA, and EEA.
- An additional benefit would be experience in L. America or SE Asia.
About your Business Development Skills
- You will have an entrepreneurial spirit and can support the Business Manager to find and secure new business opportunities.
- You will be a keen networker who is able to support the Business Manager in representing GAF to existing and new clients at national and international levels.
- You will have experience in proposal preparation and client communication.
About your Language and Communications Skills
- You will be fluent in written and oral English.
- You will have exceptional writing, presentation and communication skills.
- You will have proven experience in the production, communication and dissemination of information and ideas to inform via written, oral, and visual media.
- An additional benefit would be knowledge of German, French or Spanish.
About our Benefits
- A job in one of Europe’s leading geo-service companies
- Variety instead of everyday routine in exciting geo-information projects
- A friendly and respectful working atmosphere in an international, interdisciplinary team
- Working cross-functional with other teams according to agile principles
- Optional corporate pension, travel health insurance world wide
- Operational health management
Would you like to work with us?
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV along with an indication of your salary expectations (gross) as well as your earliest entry date to recruiting©gaf.de.
Please use the keyword “Forest and Climate Change Project Task Manager” in the header of your e-mail.
Contact: Ms. Olivia Deuter
phone.: +49 (0) 89 12 15 28-0
Arnulfstr. 199 • 80634 Munich • www.gaf.de